We kindly ask you to prepare the following ingredients and equipment.
If you have anything not to be able to prepare, let us know in advance and we´ll be happy to suggest the substitute.
We use grams in our recipes.
Please prepare a Scale as possible as you can.
Ingredient (for 20 pieces )
140g / 4.9oz All-purpose flour (protein content of 8 to 10% )
60g / 2.1 oz Water ( 41~43% of flour )
Starch (needed when you roll out the gyoza wrapper )
150g Ground pork
200g Cabbage (or Chinese cabbage )
50g Green onion ( or Chives )
2 pinches Salt
1 Tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster sauce (or 1 Tbsp Miso & 1/2 Sugar)
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 dash White pepper powder
White pepper powder
2 Bowls (one for wrapper dough and the other is for fillings)
1 small cup (for water)
Scale or Measuring cups
Tablespoon & teaspoon
Slim rolling pin ( the small round stick is OK )
Frying pan & lid
Plate for gyoza
Make sure to prepare the following each ingredients before class.
1) Weigh each ingredient (140 g/4.9 oz all-purpose flour, 60 g / 2.1 oz water) individually. Using a scale is recommended if possible.
2) Mince the cabbage, green onion, garlic, and ginger into very small, fine pieces. The cabbage and green onion pieces should be smaller than 1/8 inch pieces. The garlic and ginger should be cut into very tiny pieces.
Using a food processor is recommended for cabbage cutting.
If you have no food processor, it’s recommended to mince the cabbage after boiling it for ten seconds.
Be sure to squeeze the cabbage well.
- Make dough for gyoza wrappers
- Make the filling
- Prepare two types of dipping sauce
- Roll out gyoza wrappers and stuff
- Fry gyoza
Feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions.
Looking forward to seeing you online.
Let´s get started for a fun time!
Tomoko & Yuji